Cape Reinga Tour by Aeroplane
Renowned as the best way to see Cape Reinga, this is a New Zealand Must Do!
Cape Reinga Half Day Tour - $450 Per Person
The initial stage of the tour consists of a 45 minute flight up to Cape Reinga via Northlands' spectacular harbours, such as the Whangaroa Harbour and the Rangaunu Harbour. We also pass across some beautiful beaches such as Coopers Beach, Doubtless Bay and of course the famous Ninety Mile Beach. From Ninety Mile Beach we then fly inland where we land at our airfield, which is only 20km from the Cape Reinga lighthouse.
Once on the ground a comfortable air-conditioned mini-bus will meet the aircraft. It will take you on a 2½ hour tour around the top of New Zealand. Including:
- The Cape Reinga Lighthouse where the Tasman Sea meets the Pacific Ocean
- A short drive to Tapotupotu Bay where we enjoy a freshly baked light refreshment. There is time for a stroll on the beach
- Then we move across to the Te Paki quicksand stream with its giant sand dunes; (we have sleds available for those who wish to experience the exhilaration of sliding down the sand dunes and try some “sand surfing”).
The return 1 hour flight to the Bay of Islands includes some of the most spectacular coastal scenery Northland has to offer. You will fly over the Parengarenga Harbour and Great Exhibition Bay, which are only visible by air or by sea. This area is very remote and without a doubt one of the most beautiful places in New Zealand with it's pure white silica sand and crystal clear water. The flight also passes across the Houhora Harbour, the Cavalli islands, Kauri Cliff's golf course and the spectacular Bay of Islands.
*Please note all departures are subject to weather and minimum 2 passengers. Book Now
Summer Morning Tour(OCT - MID APRIL):
- Departs Kerikeri airport at 8.30am, meet us at Kerikeri Airport at 8.15am, with the return flight landing at approximately 12.50pm
- We offer complimentary transfers from Paihia accommodation and Paihia Wharf for Russell Accommodation. Please note: if you meet at Kerikeri airport there is a small parking fee.
- Pick up in Paihia from about 7.45am, returning by 1.20pm
Summer Afternoon Tour(OCT - MID APRIL):
- Departs Kerikeri airport at 1.15pm, meet us at Kerikeri Airport at 1.00pm, with the return flight landing at approximately 5.45pm. Please note: if you meet at Kerikeri airport there is a small parking fee.
- Pick up at our Paihia Sales Office by 12.30pm, returning approx 6.00pm
- Please note the afternoon tour is only scheduled if our morning tour departure is full, please enquire with us directly to check
Winter Morning Tour(MID APRIL-END OF SEP):
- Departs Kerikeri airport at 9.00m, meet us at Kerikeri Airport at 8.45am, with the return flight landing at approximately 1.20pm
- We offer complimentary transfers from Paihia accommodation and Paihia Wharf for Russell Accommodation.
- Pick up in Paihia from 8.15am, returning by approx 1.50pm